Assistant Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Michael Graham, President of AutoRisk
Assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Producers with renewals and/or binders for designated accounts.
- Conduct periodic service calls via phone or in person for designated accounts.
- Perform special projects at the request of designated clients after management approval.
- Complete binders and/or policy or endorsement requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain timely and thorough customer and carrier interactions to minimize the potential for errors & omissions claims.
- Receive phone calls requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Complete changes/requests within 24 hours of receipt. Determine carrier placement, complete applications or endorsements, and collect premium when applicable.
- Completes AutoRisk Coverage Review Forms on assigned accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be offered at renewal.
- Receive and review all terminations and cancellations to determine appropriate action within 48 hours of receipt.
- Takes claim phone calls and helps clients set initial claims filing and provides assistance in claims resolution as necessary.
- Document all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages.
- Quotes assigned Accounts According to Agency Standards and Operations Manual
- Perform other functions as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others. Prior successful demonstration of effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communication methods.
Fast-paced multitasking office environment. Employees are provided a dedicated workstation with basic ergonomic set up features, such as an ergonomic keyboard and mouse, dual monitors, and an adjustable chair. Workstation accommodations and adjustments are provided upon request and evaluation.
Must be physically able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week in the office and/or field. The employee is regularly required to see, hear, and project voice well enough without amplification. There is frequent need for the employee to stand, sit, walk, use repetitive small motor activity, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to ascend and descend stairs. This position requires a high-energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis. The employee may be required to drive and travel unaccompanied in diverse weather conditions.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (PREREQUISITES)
Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and demonstrate proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to all Microsoft Office software suite programs.
Candidate must satisfactorily complete pre-hire employment assessments and maintain a satisfactory driving record. Candidate may be asked to submit to a drug and/or alcohol screening. A civil and criminal history background check will be performed at the company’s expense. Physical attendance is required at regular and/or mandatory company meetings. Employees are encouraged to pursue relevant professional designations; however, this is not required.
This employer complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These laws include, but are not limited to:
- ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
- EEO: This is an equal opportunity employer. The agency provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- OSHA: The employer will comply with OSHA requirements as applicable.
This job description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management with or without notice at any time. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the job description.
WHO WE ARE:
AutoRisk is an established and successful property and casualty agency niched in the automotive industry. We provide relevant insurance placement services, sensible risk management, safety and compliance services, and industry practice advice.
We’re seeking to expand in the Southwest region (AZ, UT) through establishing a long-term partnership inclusive of equity ownership! This is a unique opportunity for a highly entrepreneurial individual to become part of our well-respected, “virtual” insurance agency.
WHAT WE OFFER:
AutoRisk operates with autonomy and independence through utilizing technology to connect our staff and specialized providers to provide customized solutions to our clients. We have contracts with leading regional and national insurers and offer you a platform of resources and give you the tools and infrastructure to build your own success.
The use of technology enables domestic and foreign subcontractors to process new business quote requests, routine service requests, customer service requests and renewal support and processing. These services are provided on a “menu” approach, meaning you only pay for the services that you need and use. This saves serious money compared to the “old world” model of having an 8 am to 5 pm Customer Service staff, and as you start out you can service your own book to save cash flow.
We have a marketing platform and brand oriented around offering best-in-class service for “product placement services” (certificates of insurance, id cards and other routine customer service requests) and we go on to include “safety and compliance services” that meet OSHA requirements.
If you’re a highly independent, self-motivated individual with a proven track record of success in the insurance industry AND you’re seeking an opportunity to develop an insurance practice with rights of ownership, we want to hear from you!
TO APPLY, SEND YOUR RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org