INSURANCE OPERATIONS & SALES INTERN
Position Title: Insurance Operations & Sales Intern
Reports to: Agency Operations Manager
Assist in the retention of existing accounts.
Provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of producer activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create policy renewal notebooks for current clients per agency standards as described in the operations manual. That includes certificates of insurance, auto ID cards, Marshall Swift & Boeckh (MSBE) building valuation reports, AutoRisk renewal form worksheet and other standard documents.
- Perform customer service projects and other projects at the request of management.
- OSHA safety compliance worksheets with photos. Assist in forklift training at existing accounts.
- Customer and carrier communications to be done per agency standards as described in the operations manual to minimize the potential for errors & omissions claims.
- Provide claims filing and support per agency standards as described in the operations manual.
- Coordinates timely presentations for both new and renewal business.
- Document all material conversations in Solve with insureds and/or carriers per agency standards as described in the operations manual.
- Responsible for maintaining inbound communication, including emails, mail, faxes, voice mails, and inbound phone calls
- Manages agency inbound and outbound mail, including scanning and adding digital documents to the correct folders.
- Perform other functions as identified by management.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Self-starter with the ability to influence others with demonstrated effective verbal and written presentation skills.
Assist with monthly new business revenue goals through a variety of sources: cold calls, referrals, niche marketing, digital marketing, etc.
Fast-paced multitasking office environment. Employees are provided a laptop computer and external monitor, keyboard and mouse. Accommodations are provided upon request.
Internship will last between 10 weeks and 3 months, or the typical duration of 1 college semester. A more well-defined length of assignment will be documented in the offer letter.
Must be physically able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week in the office. The employee is regularly required to see, hear, and project voice well enough without amplification. There is frequent need for the employee to stand, sit, walk, use repetitive small motor activity, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 30 pounds; to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to ascend and descend stairs. This position requires a high-energy level and ability to handle stress-related situations on a daily basis. The employee may be required to drive and travel unaccompanied in diverse weather conditions.
Maintains knowledge of underwriting criteria for agency carriers. Assists in collecting premiums when called upon with any uncollected premiums become the responsibility of the Producer.
Ability to use a personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and demonstrate proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to all Microsoft Office software suite programs.
Candidate must satisfactorily complete pre-hire employment assessments and maintain a satisfactory driving record. Candidate may be asked to submit to a drug and/or alcohol screening. A civil and criminal history background check will be performed at the company’s expense. Physical attendance is required at regular and/or mandatory company meetings. Employees are encouraged to pursue relevant professional designations; however, this is not required.
This employer complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These laws include, but are not limited to:
- ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act of 1990.
- EEO: This is an equal opportunity employer. The agency provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- OSHA: The employer will comply with OSHA requirements as applicable.
This job description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management with or without notice at any time. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.